Let’s face it – once we’ve gotten our first set of lash extensions, we’re addicted. Like, super totally obsessed with having the thickest, most beautiful lashes out there. Our daily routine is cut in half (at least!) and we’re feeling as confident as ever.
But the moment we notice the first lash fall, an inner panic is destined to arise. We know that lash shedding is inevitable, yet we’re never, ever ready for it to happen. So how can we prevent our lashes from shedding faster than needed? Lady Lash Ltd. is here to answer that question for you!
1) Resist getting them wet for the recommended 4 hours after application when a nebulizer has been used. During this period, your lashes are VERY vulnerable because the lash adhesive is still in the polymerization process and your lashes are at risk of falling out early. Don’t get us wrong – you can definitely still shower. Just be sure to make you don’t dunk your face under the water!
2) Attention face sleepers: stop sleeping on your dang face! This rule is essential – if your face is constantly being smooshed for 8 hours a day, your eyelashes are going to take a beating!
The solution: get yourself a cervical memory foam pillow. This will support your neck and allow you to sleep on your back or side. Plus, it’s pretty uncomfortable to sleep on your face with one of these pillows. We’ve even found one for you – check it out.
3) Resist, resist, resist playing with them! We totally understand that it’s an awesome feeling having long, beautiful lashes, but do yourself a favour and touch them as little as you can. Not only will playing with them loosen the adhesive, but the oils on your fingers does some serious damage as well.
In addition, playing with them can also pull out your natural lashes before they’re ready to come out on their own.. if you ever decide to go back to au naturale lashes, you won’t be very happy about what’s underneath the falsies.
4) Comb them out as often as possible. We give all of our clients some fun lash brushes after each appointment, so be sure to use them! Close one eye and place the lash brush on top of your lashes. Roll it over and voila! Perfect, untangled lashes.
5) Having lash extensions is like bleaching your hair blonde: if you don’t care for it properly, it probably won‘t look so hot. So, invest in good aftercare products – especially our Bella Lash Detox Cleanser! This lightweight foaming cleanser gives your lashes a deep, thorough rinse, while removing any eye makeup. This gentle water-based product, enriched with chamomile and saponaria extracts, nourishes natural lashes while enhancing the life of your lash extensions.
And there you have it! Follow the above guide to ensure your beautiful lashes last for as long as possible. But remember – lash fills are also essential in making sure your eyelashes are always looking B O M B.
Here’s another tip: book your touch ups in advance so you don’t forget!
Lady Lash Ltd.